Wednesday, February 17, 2010

v0.9.0, ready for distribution to test group

I have reached a point in the development of Wall Flype that I believe it is ready for its release to be tested and for suggestions to made by users.  I have implemented all the features listed thus far in this blog's first post.  I will add more features as the application grows with the suggestions I receive from users.  Before I release to users that I cannot get into direct contact with I will have to determine a solution to use for reporting errors and making suggestions.  I will likely create an email dedicated to receiving these messages.

I have finished the setup and installation program to install the application and am going to distribute it to a couple friends.  One concern I have right now will be the application running correctly on the newer versions of Windows.  I have not tested Wall Flype on any platform but Windows XP thus far.  I don't believe there will be a problem with Vista, but Windows 7 I am unsure of because of the way in which it changes its desktop wallpaper.  As long as Vista and 7 still use the SystemParametersInfo function from the user32 library to update the desktop wallpaper the application will work fine.

Onto a legal note, I want to compile a few nice wallpapers to give start to a user's wallpaper library.  I have a site I use for my own wallpaper, but if I am going to be distributing these images I want to ensure I have the right to do so.  This means I have to check the license that is bound to the image by the site.  I may have to contact the owner of the images to use them.  I will likely do so regardless of the license and offer them to test Wall Flype.

No comments:

Post a Comment